AC Stick Welder
K1170 AC-225 230/1/60
The AC-225 compact stick welder has a broad welding amperage range of 40-225 amps.
It produces an extremely smooth AC arc for welding a wide variety of materials including carbon, low alloy, and stainless steels as well as cast iron. Metals 16 gauge and heavier can be easily arc welded with the AC-225.
Applications include: repair and maintenance welding, fabricating or modifying equipment, building tools or fixtures, build-up welding on worn parts or dies, and hardfacing new or worn parts for longer service life. Also for cutting and piercing holes in steel.
- Easy to install. Comes with attached 6 ft. (1.8m) input power cable and NEMA 6-50P plug.
- Easy to operate. Full range 40-225 amp selector switch quickly sets the welding current and ensures a uniform arc each and every time you weld.
- Traditional design provides long-life and low cost operation.
- Compact size allows for easy storage and handling.
- Smooth arc makes it easy to weld with different electrodes, including mild steel, low hydrogen, stainless steel and hardfacing electrodes.
- 225 amp AC output is enough for 3/16" (4.8mm) diameter general purpose mild steel electrodes and 5/32" (4.0mm) sizes of other electrodes.
- Optional carbon arc torch for brazing and soldering applications, for heating rusty nuts for easier removal, and for bending or straightening metal.
- Fan-cooled for extra thermal protection.
- Vermin resistant mesh bottom keeps rodents and pests out of the case.
- Powder paint finish for increased durability.
- NEMA rated (60 Hz only).
- UL listed and CSA approved (60 Hz only).
- 3 year warranty on parts and labor.
- Manufactured under a quality system certified to ISO 9001 requirements.
: : Weight: 109 lbs. (49.5 kgs.)
: : Dimensions (in) H x W x D : 24 x 17.25 x 12
: : Dimensions (mm) H x W x D :610 x 438 x 305